Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ) For MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC Power Tool Battery
MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC Power Tool Battery Articles & Tips
A new MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC Power Tool Battery comes in a discharged condition and must be charged before use (refer to the devices manual for charging instructions). Upon initial use (or after a prolonged storage period) the digital camcorder MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC may require three to four charge/discharge cycles before achieving maximum capacity. New MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC needs to be fully charged and discharged (cycled) a few times before it can condition to full capacity. Rechargeable batteries undergo self-discharging when left unused. Always store a Power Tool Battery pack in a fully charged staged for storage.When charging the MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC for the first time the device may indicate that charging is complete after just 10 or 15 minutes. This is a normal phenomenon with rechargeable batteries. Remove the camcorder batteries from the device, reinsert it and repeat the charging procedure
It is important to condition (fully discharge and then fully charge) the MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC every two to three weeks. Failure to do so may significantly shorten the battery's life (this does not apply to Li-ion batteries, which do not require conditioning). To discharge, simply run the device under the battery's power until it shuts down or until you get a low battery warning. Then recharge the battery as instructed in the user's manual. If the battery will not be in use for a month or longer, it is recommended that MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC be removed from the device and stored in a cool, dry, clean place.
Invest in a good charger for your camcorder. Ni-MH batteries should not be charged in a NiCad charger, unless the charger is specifically made for both chemistries. There are cheap chargers and there are expensive chargers. Make sure the charger you get has good reviews and is well made. Chargers with micro-controller chips are usually the best choice of your digital camcorder.
Be sure to store your Power Tool Battery properly. Do not leave your batteries in a hot car, or in humid conditions. The best storage conditions are a cool, dry place. The refrigerator is fine if you stick in a packet of silica gel with your MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC in a sealed bag to keep them dry. It is a good idea to charge your NiCad or Ni-MH batteries fully before use if they have been in storage.
Upgrade my MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC Power Tool Battery From Ni-MH to Li-ion
NiCad, Ni-MH and Li-ion MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC Power Tool Battery is all fundamentally different from one another and cannot be substituted unless the Camcorder has been pre-configured from the manufacturer to accept more than one type of battery chemistry. Please refer to your manual to find out which rechargeable battery types the laptop device supports or use our MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC Battery Finder above to find all the compatible Power Tool Battery for your device. It will automatically list all of the battery chemistries supported by your specific device. If your device does allow you to upgrade the battery from Ni-MH to Li-ion, you will typically get longer run time.
For example, if your Camcorder uses a NI-MH battery that is 9.6 Volts, 4000mAh and the new Li-ion Power Tool Battery is 14.4 Volt, 3600mAh, then you will obtain longer run time with the Li-ion battery.
Li-ion: 14.4 Volts x 3.6 Amperes = 51.84 Watt Hours
Ni-MH: 9.6 Volts x 4 Amperes = 38.4 Watt Hours
The Li-ion is stronger and has longer run time.
How Can I Maximize the performance of My MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC Power Tool Battery?
There are several steps you can take to help you get maximum performance from your MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC Power Tool Battery:
Prevent the Memory Effect - Keep the Power Tool Battery healthy by fully charging and then fully discharging it at least once every two to three weeks. Exceptions to the rule are Li-ion batteries which do not suffer from the memory effect.
Keep the MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC Power Tool Battery Clean - It's a good idea to clean dirty battery contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol. This helps maintain a good connection between the battery and the portable device.
Exercise the Battery - Do not leave the battery dormant for long periods of time. We recommend using the battery at least once every two to three weeks. If an Power Tool Battery has not been used for a long period of time, perform the new battery break in procedure described above.
Battery Storage - If you don't plan on using the Power Tool Battery for a month or more, store it in a clean, dry, cool place away from heat and metal objects. NiCad, Ni-MH and Li-ion batteries will self-discharge during storage; remember to recharge the batteries before use.
What is The Run Time of easy-battery.com's Replacement Power Tool Battery?
MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC Power Tool Battery have two main ratings on them: Volts and Amperes. Because size and weight of Power Tool Battery is limited when compared to larger batteries such as car batteries, most companies show their ratings with Volts and Mill amperes. One thousand Mill amperes equals 1 Ampere. When buying a battery, select batteries with the most Mill amperes (or mAh). Batteries are also rated by Watt-Hours, perhaps the simplest rating of all. This is found by multiplying the Volts and the Amperes together. For example:
14.4 Volts, 4000mAh (Note: 4000mAh is equal to 4.0 Amperes).
14.4 x 4.0 = 57.60 Watt-Hours
Watt-Hours signify the energy needed to power one watt for one hour. This MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC Power Tool Battery can power 57.60 watts for one hour. If your laptop runs at 20.50 watts, as an example, this laptop battery could power your laptop for 2.8 hours.
Do's and Don'ts For MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC Rechargeable Batteries
- DO follow the manufacturer¡¯s directions carefully for MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC replacement battery storage and care, and don¡¯t overcharge batteries.
- DO charge your MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC battery at room temperature (68¡ãF to 72¡ãF) to extend battery life. Batteries get warm during charging and use¡ªthis is normal. As a precaution, most batteries and chargers are designed to protect against overheating.
- DO remember to recharge your MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC battery a few hours before you want to use it. Rechargeable batteries lose a percentage of their charge each day when left off the charger.
- DO keep your MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC battery contact surfaces clean by gently rubbing with a clean pencil eraser, cloth or rubbing alcohol. Dirty contact points are a primary source of charging challenges.
- DO use only chargers designed for your type of MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC replacement batteries. If unsure about compatibility, contact the product manufacturer.
- DON¡¯T leave your MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC rechargeable batteries discharged or unused for extended periods of time. To extend battery life, charge them at least every 6-9 months.
- DON¡¯T recharge a replacment MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC battery unless it is specifically marked ¡°rechargeable.¡± Attempting to recharge a primary (non-rechargeable) battery could result in leakage or rupture.
- DON¡¯T use MILWAUKEE LokTor P 18 TXC rechargeable batteries in chargers that are not designed for the specific battery type.